There are many benefits in going green, for our own psychical well-being and for preservation of the environment.
Here at Superplants we endeavour to be as green as possible, below are some of the things we do throughout our practices.
• We plant new trees at the nursery once contracts have been received.
• Recycle our green waste
• Recycle all our fresh cut Christmas trees and use them as top mulch for dressing exterior ground maintenance projects.
• Recycle as many of our plastic flower pots and trays as possible by giving them to small local plant growers.
• Wherever possible we refurbish old plant containers so they can be reused to help save the environment.
• We reuse spent compost at the nursery to improve the planting areas.
• Superplants have bee hives at the nursery to encourage bees.
• We have log mounds at the nursery to encourage bugs, beetles and invertebrates.
• Continually assessing our maintenance schedules in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint.