Purchasing large plant specimens with Superplants couldn’t be easier. With its simplistic and modern characteristics and big waxy dark green violin-shaped leaves, the Ficus Lyrata is becoming increasingly popular, and although many assume caring for a Fiddle Leaf Ficus plant can be tricky, it is actually easier than one may expect.
Here are the top 5 care tips to keep your Ficus Lyrata in great shape;
- Direct sunlight has the potential to damage a Ficus beyond repair, so placing it near a window or under a skylight is advised. Without any indirect sunlight light, the Ficus Lyrata will not be able to thrive and mature into a larger plant. Keep an eye on your plant and rotate it to prevent it from bending towards the light.
- When watering this plant, best practice is to put your fingers a few inches into the soil to check how moist the soil is. If it seems dry a few inches down, water it with room temperature or lukewarm water.
- The Lyrata lives well in room temperature but will not survive under 13 degrees Celsius.
- Aim to re-fertilise your Lyrata at least once or twice a year with a rich yet well drained soil.
- Ensure your Lyrata is clean by wiping its big leaves at least once a month, not only to keep it looking smart but to prevent the dust building and interfering with absorption of key nutrients and sunlight.
If you’re interested in purchasing a Ficus Lyrata, or any of our other large plant specimens, please call us on 01935348420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Better still, if you’d rather leave Superplants to care for your plant, we also offer a rental & maintenance service.
Ficus Lyrata by Superplants